Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Costs...

Last night as I was falling asleep(listening to disintegration loops on my iPod) I began to reminisce about my travels. I thought about the differences between the many nations and peoples of the world. Then, oddly enough, my mind wandered and I attempted to identify a single thing which all men agree upon. It took a while, but after some thinking I came to the conclusion that it was "currency." The universal ideal that things cost. You see whether you are Egyptian or Chinese, Jewish or Muslim, sane or mad, you are culturally forced to recognize that in order to obtain a service or product their will be a cost of sorts. I found that all men have agreed that things cost. What they have unfortunately failed to agree upon is that "they cost." That a payment for their transgressions was necessary. Man is divided due to their incapability to recognize that not only was the Cross needed, but it was primarily needed for them. The Cross was a transaction. A payment for sins. A payment for their sins. A payment for our sins. A payment for my sins. We were purchased at a cost.

6 comments:

  1. Wow man, nice! I love these kind of thoughts. That was very deep, thank you for sharing. I am gonna pray about this meditation, and see how I can use it for the kingdom.

    Deep thoughts with Nick C... (that is an old SNL reference, just in case you didn't get that)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats really dope nick. "you were bought at a price" i think pride just gets in the way of a lot of people. thinking they can earn their way to God, or just simply being spiritually blind because they've rejected Christ in their hearts. Its so sad man people just dont understand. Christs' love is so great and so amazing and His plan so perfect and there's so many people who just simple dont know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting dudes! I really appreciate both of your encouraging words as well as truths you eloquently conveyed through your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya dude love that, "we were bought at a price" so true. we tend to forget that sometimes. thanks for the reminder ha

    ReplyDelete