Tuesday, March 15, 2011

conversing...

Yesterday I had a really rad talk with my new Mentor. He is such a solid believer. Over the course of a 2 hour conversation, he helped me to centralize the vast majority of the areas in which I desire to grow spiritually; all by asking great questions. Never did he prescriptively say "do this" or "do that" but allowed me to come to such conclusions on my own. I truly value this skill and have recently been praying that the Lord would enable me to, amidst my many distractions, sit down, be present, and ask good questions. I feel so blessed that the Lord was able to so explicitly speak through my mentors questions. Practically speaking I am now aware that I tend to be rather selfish and my integrity as a whole needs a great deal of revamping. It is through the Lord's mighty grace that I am being refined in these ways. Amen.

10 comments:

  1. rad rad nicholas. praying for you, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when God uses reflection and questions rather than direct statements from others. There is something amazing about hearing him speak within us that can be so truly changing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very true. Asking good questions requires us to be really good listeners, not always trying to thinkmof the next genius thingnto say or wisdom to impart, but really helping others probe to the center of their own hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome how God spoke to you through your mentor. I'll be praying for you brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen. So rad when we are able to come to realization without someone shoving what they think we should do in our face. What a gift, indeed. Praying, my brother. James 4:6

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a ton for the encouraging words slices. It is such a blessing to do live alongside you, even if it is cyber life for 5 days out of the week. :) God bless each of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen, so good to hear. May we all continue to be refined :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that we have mentors. They always seem to know how to make you come to some realization that you are like oh I DO do that. Glad to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah, conversing is totally listening and participating by asking questions and it definitely takes time and energy. praying for you in this.

    ReplyDelete